You’re going to love this dairy free espresso martini. It’s made with just 3 simple ingredients and is so easy to make. If you love a classic espresso martini but are not a fan of the dairy then break out your cocktail shaker and martini glasses because you are in for a treat.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here for my full disclosure policy.
How to Make a Dairy Free Espresso Martini
Your 3 ingredients dairy-free espresso only needs a few things:
- a shot of espresso (2 ounces)
- high-quality vodka (1.5 ounces)
- milk alternative (1.5 ounces)
Making a Coffee Lovers Strong Coffee
There is no need to complicate things with an espresso machine or fancy espresso maker. To make the espresso shot for our creamy espresso martini we are using the Aeropress. The Aeropress is similar to the French press but even better.
You can see how to make fresh espresso coffee with the Aeropress here: Aeropress Espresso Recipe to Make the Best Coffee. With the Aeropress, we will grind our own coffee beans to get the best espresso flavor.
Make your shot of espresso first and set it aside to allow the espresso to cool. Ideally, you do want cold espresso when making this classic cocktail. Feeling impatient? You can make it once the espresso reaches room temperature.
For the vodka we are using Absolut and for the milk we are using cashew milk. There are numerous dairy-free alternatives that you can use. Feel free to use almond milk, oat milk, or any other plant-based milk of your choice.
Making the Best Espresso Martini
First, fill your cocktail shaker with ice cubes then add the vodka.
Next, add the espresso to the cocktail shaker. Keep in mind, if you use hot espresso you will end up melting the ice and diluting your boozy drink, which is not ideal.
Lastly, add your dairy-free milk of choice.
Secure the top of your cocktail shaker and give your martini a good shake. Using a fine strainer pour your frothy martini into a chilled martini glass.
Garnish the top of your martini with a few espresso beans and enjoy.
Dairy-Free Espresso Martini FAQs
Considering everyone has their own personal taste, you may want to alter your martini recipe. This is perfectly fine.
- Can I sweeten my espresso martini?
- Sure, if you prefer your espresso martini on the sweeter side go ahead and sweeten it with simple syrup, maple syrup. or your sweetener of choice.
- Can I make this into a chocolate martini?
- I don’t see why not. You would simply need to add cocoa powder, or creme de cacao to give this caffeinated cocktail a delicious twist.
- You can also go in the other direction and add a little vanilla extract to bring some vanilla flavors to this already perfect drink.
- Can I make this more creamy without using heavy cream?
- If you want to add a creamy texture while still remaining dairy free you can add coconut cream to your dairy-free espresso martini.
- 2 oz espresso
- 1.5 oz vodka
- 1.5 oz dairy free milk of choice
- Make espresso first and set aside to cool
- Combine ingredients in an ice filled cocktail shaker
- Shake then pout throigh a fine strianer into a chilled martini glass
- garnish with coffe beans and enjoy
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Subscribe to get new recipes from Thrist Priority, Sign up today!
Drink Mixing Essentials
When making your own cocktails at home there are always a few essentials to have on hand. Here are a few favorites and must haves: