This copycat Starbucks honey almond milk cold brew recipe is better than the real thing. If you are a coffee lover then you will love how this cold brew tastes when you make it yourself. This delicious drink has a creamy texture with a hint of honey.
This delicious coffee drink has all the things you want and none of the ingredients that you don’t need. Simply meaning that by making your own version of Starbucks cold brew with honey and almond milk you can tailor the recipe to your own taste with less added unnecessary ingredients.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here for my full disclosure policy.
How to Make Your Own Honey Almond Milk Cold Brew Coffee
Before we get started making our own cold brew coffee we should get excited about the fact that this homemade honey almond milk cold brew has only three simple ingredients. So make a run to the local grocery store and get what you need. This is all you need:
- 1 Tbsp regular honey (your best options are local honey, raw, unfiltered, and/or organic)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 8-12 oz cold brew (homemade, or store-bought)
When it comes to using honey in a cold drink you actually have to make a honey syrup. Whereas Starbucks uses a honey blend with added ingredients, we will make a simple syrup using one Tbsp of honey with a little warm water. You need to use warm water to melt the honey into liquid form. If you skip this step your honey will become clumpy in the cold brew. See a full step by step on how to make honey syrup here: Honey Simple Syrup.
For the delicious cold brew, we are using our homemade cold brew coffee recipe: Easy Aeropress Cold Brew Recipe. We grind our own coffee beans and use the Aeropress to make our cold brew. The Aeropress is similar to a French press coffee maker, make sure to check it out. If you would prefer to take an easier route you can absolutely use store-bought cold brew or cold brew coffee concentrate.
Steps to Making Honey Almondmilk Cold Brew Coffee
First, pour your cold brew into an ice-filled glass.
Next, add your drizzle of honey syrup to the cold brew.
Lastly, add your dairy-free almond milk to the glass.
Making your own favorite coffee yourself at home is a great way to skip the long lines at the coffee shop, save money and become your own barista. When you make your own iced coffee with a little honey and almond milk you get that perfect balance of honey taste with the nutty flavors and creaminess of almond milk.
Give your amazing coffee recipe a stir and enjoy.
The good thing about making your own cold drinks at home is that it allows you the flexibility to change things up and make adjustments to your own liking. Here are a few alternative things you can swap out in this easy recipe:
- Can I use a different milk?
- If you are not a fan of or simply can’t find almond milk you are able to swap out almond milk for oat milk, soy milk, coconut milk, or any other milk of choice. You can even use regular dairy milk if you would like, but keep in mind that would no longer make this a dairy-free coffee recipe.
- What pre-made cold brew can I use?
- Can I use cold brew concentrate?
- Of course! Make sure if you decide to use a cold brew coffee concentrate, like Jot, to follow the measurements on the container. Concentrate needs water added to equal a typical cold brew coffee.
- Can I add cold foam to my almond milk cold brew?
- You can. The best way to do this is to use a milk frother and froth the almond milk before adding it to the glass.
- I would like my cold brew a little sweeter, what can I add?
- The honey in this honey almond milk cold brew is very subtle, if you would like to sweeten up your cold coffee a bit more you can add standard white sugar, vanilla syrup, maple syrup, or even a bit more honey. Get fancy and top it with some whipped cream.
- My almond milk appears to curdle, what’s going on?
- Almond milk appears to curdle because the proteins in almond milk separate more easily than those in typical dairy milk. Don’t worry, this is perfectly fine.
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 8-12 oz cold brew coffee
- Prepare honey syrup by combing honey with warm water. Stir until honey is melted
- Pour your cold brew into an ice filled glass.
- Add honey syrup.
- Add almond milk
- Stir and enjoy
Subscribe to get new recipes from Thrist Priority, Sign up today!